PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION POLICY
By signifying your consent to us in writing, you consent to Mutiara Hotels & Resorts processing the following personal data as provided by you which may include personal data that relates to:
- Your identity (including your name, National Registration Identification Card / Passport No., gender, nationality and date of birth);
- Your employment information (including your occupation, company and designation);
- Your car plate number;
- Your contact information (including your telephone numbers, email and mailing addresses); and
- Your travel details (including the dates and times of arrival at the previous destination and departure to future destinations).
We may collect information relating to your nationality and date of birth in order to serve you better. However, in view that this information is not mandatory, you may opt not to provide us with this information.
Where applicable, we will process your personal data for the following purposes:
- To facilitate your reservation and all other processes, including the registration process, in relation to your stay at our hotel;
- For the administration of benefits under special programme;
- For general contact purposes;
- For billing and payment purposes;
- For verification, security and access;
- For internal administrative purposes including auditing, accounting, tax and data analysis;
- For maintenance of customer databases and customer service related purposes;
- To respond to any enquiries and complaints, including to obtain feedback and comments in relation to the food & beverages and services provided by our food & beverages outlets;
- To issue official proposal or confirmation for events;
- To comply with legislative and statutory requirements;
- To protect or enforce our rights including to recover any debt owing to us;
- To investigate complaints and suspected suspicious transactions;
- For general administrative and management purposes; and
- For all other purposes in relation or incidental to the above.
Where you have consented, we will use your personal information to communicate with you on:
- Our events, functions, room promotions, and food and beverage dining promotions; and
- Third party services and/or products which we feel may be of interest to you.
If you do not wish your personal information to be utilised for such communications, or if you would like to change your mind on a previous consent you have given on this, please contact us at 03-2782.2222 or by writing to us at Mutiara Hotels & Resorts Central Reservations Office, 73 Jalan Raja Chulan, 50200, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Your latest written instructions to us will prevail.
Your information is necessary to us. Unless otherwise stated, all information requested by Mutiara Hotels & Resorts is obligatory. If you do not provide and/or allow us to process all the obligatory information as requested, we will not be able to keep complete information about you, thus affecting our ability to accomplish the above stated purposes.
Disclosure of information
Mutiara Hotels & Resorts may disclose your personal data to the following parties (including those within and outside Malaysia):
- Agents, contractors, vendors and service providers (including but not limited to professional, financial and/or payment service providers) that provide services including data processing services relating to the purposes above;
- Your agents and advisors (including but not limited to professional advisers) and any other person notified by and authorised by you;
- Government agencies / statutory bodies / authorities;
- Our assignees or potential assignees, acquirers or potential acquirers and successors-in-title;
- Any person, who is under a duty of confidentiality who has undertaken the responsibility to keep such data confidential;
- Mutiara Hotels & Resorts’s related and associated companies and affiliates; and
- Other parties, in respect of whom you have consented to the disclosure of your personal data.
We may also disclose your personal data (within and outside Malaysia) in good faith, (i) to comply with requirements of the government, law enforcement agency, any authorities to whom is subject to or any orders of court; (ii) as is necessary or relevant in relation to any legal process; or (iii) if required or authorised by law.
Access, corrections and complaints
If you would like to make any inquiries or complaints or requests to access, correct or limit our processing of your personal data, you may contact our Personal Data Officer at 03-2782.2222, Fax 03-2782.2233 or email address at email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org
In the event of any inconsistencies between the English version and the Bahasa Malaysia version of this notice, the English version shall prevail.